growing medical cannabis in oregon

2018 S-4 (current)

Disclaimer: This Code of Ordinances and/or any other documents that appear on this site may not reflect the most current legislation adopted by the Municipality. American Legal Publishing Corporation provides these documents for informational purposes only. These documents should not be relied upon as the definitive authority for local legislation. Additionally, the formatting and pagination of the posted documents varies from the formatting and pagination of the official copy. The official printed copy of a Code of Ordinances should be consulted prior to any action being taken. For further information regarding the official version of any of this Code of Ordinances or other documents posted on this site, please contact the Municipality directly or contact American Legal Publishing toll-free at 800-445-5588.

Delivery of any amount of marijuana to a minor is a class C felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $125,000.

Manufacture of marijuana within 1,000 feet of school grounds is a class A felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $375,000, except for home gardens of 4 plants and licensed production sites and medical marijuana growsites.


Possession of more than 1 – 2 pounds of marijuana is a class B misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 month in prison and a fine of up to $2,500.

Delivery of 16 ounces or more of marijuana with compensation is a misdemeanor by up to 1 year imprisonment and/or a fine up to $6,250.


Delivery of 1 ounce or less of “homegrown” marijuana without compensation carries no fine or penalty.

Growing medical cannabis in oregon

The key administrator (GSA) for your facility is able to create nicknames for facilities that will appear in the black dropdown facility box. This nickname feature will only be visible to you and those employees with Metrc access within your facility. This should help employees assigned to multiple grow sites to more easily find the license they are working with. Transfer manifests will continue to show the legal name only.

All Laws and Rules related to Medical Marijuana can be found on the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) website. These laws also cover the concentration limits for recreational products as well as the testing requirements and rules.

In order for a recreational producer to transfer to a medical patient or medical grow site, the producer must have a medical canopy endorsement. Recreational producers with a medical canopy endorsement may transfer items to patients and medical grow sites. This is the only way for a GSA to obtain plants and seeds directly from a recreational producer.

  • GSA’s can change your facility name by selecting Admin/Facilities from the top navigation menu.
  • Next, highlight the facility you want to rename and click Edit Facilities Name button.
  • Next, type in the alias/nickname you would like to use for this facility in the Custom Name box and click the green Save Names button.

Resources and tools for medical marijuana growers, processors, and dispensaries (Last Updated 10/23/20)

There are limits to the amounts of marijuana items that a recreational producer may transfer under this privilege. They can be found in OAR 845-025-2500(11) and OAR 845-025-2550(2)(b)(A-C).

It is outside of privilege for a recreational producer to transfer product directly to a consumer (patient). This means recreational producers cannot transfer products to medical grow sites. There is an exception in place for recreational producers to be able to transfer to patients and/or medical grow sites in OAR 845-025-2500.

More information is contained in the Transfers Section of this Wiki. For information on the 20lb transfer from medical grow sites in Metrc to the OLCC Recreational market, visit the OLCC's website.

All inventory at medical grow sites are associated with specific patients. The grow site does not have its own supply of seeds/clones; it is caretaker of a supply of seeds/clones owned by the specific patient that those plants/seeds/clones are assigned to in Metrc. The inventory of a medical grow site is obtained by a transfer from the patient to the grower using the Personal Agreement Form Transfer of Medical Marijuana Items to Medical Marijuana Patient’s Designated Grower. This patient (consumer) ownership puts limitations on transfers into a grow site.

Note: The Legal name box on the right side of the form is populated with the legal name in the State licensing database. If you decide to go back to the legal name at any point, simply click on the “Set as Current” box.